Who We Are:
- Hotel California by the Sea (HCBTS) provides individualized treatment and services for drug and alcohol addiction in accordance with the best evidence-based standards in addiction medicine, psychiatry, and behavioral healthcare.
- We offer treatment for the full continuum of care: detox, residential, partial hospitalization (PHP), intensive outpatient (IOP), outpatient (OP), transitional living accommodations and alumni/aftercare services.
- We also provide treatment and services for co-occurring mental health conditions (e.g., Bipolar, Depression, PTSD).
Accredited by The Joint Commission / State Licensed / Diverse Team of Treatment Professionals
HCBTS has earned the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for Behavioral Health Care Accreditation.
All HCBTS treatment locations are fully licensed by the State. HCBTS treatment professionals include: Addiction Medicine Physicians, Psychiatrists, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, LCSW, LMFT, and Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselors.
The Disease of Addiction
We follow the American Society of Addiction Medicine’s definition of “Addiction”: “Addiction is a primary, chronic disease of brain reward, motivation, memory, and related circuitry. Dysfunction in these circuits leads to characteristic biological, psychological, social, and spiritual manifestations. This is reflected in an individual pathologically pursuing reward and/or relief by substance use and other behaviors. Addiction is characterized by inability to consistently abstain, impairment in behavioral control, craving, diminished recognition of significant problems with one’s behaviors and interpersonal relationships, and a dysfunctional emotional response. Like other chronic diseases, addiction often involves cycles of relapse and remission. Without treatment or engagement in recovery activities, addiction is progressive and can result in disability or premature death.” ASAM Criteria (3rd Ed.), p. 411. [See also: Surgeon General].
Our Court Services Program:
At Hotel California by the Sea, we understand that legal issues often go hand-in-hand with active addiction. Our Court Services Program is tailored to meet the individual needs of clients who are facing legal consequences as a result of their addiction to drugs or alcohol and serves to address the underlying issues by promoting treatment and recovery.
We strongly believe that addiction is a disease requiring treatment, as opposed to punitive punishment and shame.
Court Services Program Offerings:
- Treatment team support to assist and enable clients to comply with applicable case requirements, along with providing
status updates and progress reports to applicable parties authorized by the client (e.g., attorney, probation officer).
- Individual 1-on-1 Therapy Sessions, treatment modalities specifically tailored to individual client’s needs.
- Individual 1-on-1 Case Management Sessions, treatment planning and coordination of care.
- Anger Management; Coping Skills; Relapse Prevention; Career and Education Planning.
- Pharmacotherapy, Medication Management, and Psychiatric treatment services.
- Group Educational Sessions; Group Recreational / Exercise Sessions; facilitating participation in Community Service.
- Therapeutic Treatment Interventions for High Risk for Relapse, Behavioral Issues, Ambivalence, Suicidal Ideations.
- Treatment Team supports, assists, and enables clients to comply with applicable case requirements. Court Services Program Manager provides the client’s attorney with treatment status updates in alignment with the attorney’s preferences and the client’s needs. Professional and knowledgeable program representatives are present for court appearances and provide detailed progress reports.
Who We Accept in the Court Services Program:
- Clients facing criminal charges who are on Probation, Pre-Trial Diversion, Suspended Sentence, VOP, etc.
- Drug and alcohol related offenses: Possession or Distribution of Controlled Substance; DUI / driving offenses; Public Intoxication; Disorderly Conduct; Misdemeanor Assault / Battery; Other criminal charges involving drug addiction.
- Family Law related legal issues involving addiction, such as: Divorce, Child Custody / Visitation, Protective Orders.
- Employment related legal issues involving addiction, such as where treatment is necessary prior to returning to work due to addiction-related misconduct, discipline, poor work performance, absenteeism, etc.
Court Services Program Contacts: CSP Liaison: Jani Nelson (949) 306-3024;[24/7 Admissions Line: (800) 762-6717] Locations: CALIFORNIA (Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa); WASHINGTON (Bellevue); OHIO (Cincinnati).