Frequently Asked Questions
You have taken one of the most important steps in your life: you have decided to enter an inpatient treatment program at Hotel California by the Sea in Cincinnati, Ohio (HCBTS, Cincinnati). It is natural to get a little anxious about entering drug rehab, especially if you’ve never been to treatment before.
Of course, not every treatment center is alike. Not every rehab has the same procedures, policies, and guidelines for their clients, so it’s natural for you to have many questions. That is why HCBTS, Cincinnati, created this page just for you. You can also ask one of our admissions specialists here if you happen to have additional questions regarding your treatment stay or what happens in rehab.
- Reading material that is interesting or motivational for you
- Pictures of family members and loved ones to help you stay inspired and motivated
- Medication, it its original package or container
- Driver’s license, passport, insurance card, etc, as identification
- A journal or diary to document your journey through recovery
- A music device, like an iPod Nano, that does not have Internet access (if you bring electronics that do have Internet access, they will be locked up while you are on blackout period)
- A prepaid Visa or MasterCard to buy needed items while in treatment
- Hair styling equipment
- Hair brush or comb
- Face wash
- Feminine hygiene products
- Other toiletries you normally use
- Pack comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing for 2 weeks – Cincinnati, Ohio’s temperature ranges from Winter lows of 20℉ to Summer highs of 86℉
- Keep the season in mind, dressing in layers, and preparing for temperature fluctuations from daytime to nighttime
- Overly provocative clothing, clothing that advertises or illustrates drug and/or alcohol use, clothing that contains explicit language, gang-affiliated clothing, and other clothing that depicts hate speech or hate crimes, etc, will be confiscated
- Pack comfy footwear for daytime
- Tennis shoes for activities and sports
- Flip flops
- If you have orthotics or prescription footwear, please bring them
- Pants for cooler weather
- Shorts: Shorts should be no less than 6 inches from top of one’s thigh
- One or two “dressy” outfits for special occasions such as weekend outings
- Bathing suit
- Coat, jacket, and sweaters
Please do not bring any of the following items to treatment:
- Products containing alcohol, such as perfume, hairspray, mouthwash, hand sanitizer, cologne, or perfume. If any items are brought containing alcohol, you will not be able to use them during your stay in treatment.
- Any items containing CBD oil, such as lotions, pills, or sprays
- Pre work-out supplements
- Energy drinks
To best support our clients as they transition into a new clean and sober treatment environment, Hotel California by the Sea in Cincinnati has a blackout period in which clients are not able to use any of their electronic devices. Electronic devices include smart watches, laptops, cell phones, etc. Once the blackout period is over and your clinical team approves, you will be given full access to your electronic devices to use outside of programming hours. Please note that if at any time clients become noncompliant with HCBTS-Cincinnati’s policies, electronic privileges may be revoked.
Yes, our staff may take clients to purchase essential toiletries, nicotine-related products, and other common products which they may require.
Once you finish the blackout period, you may participate in signing out, pending your clinical team’s approval. A sign-out allows for clients to be off-site for up to four hours. If you would like to be off-site for longer than four hours, you may request a pass or deviation—again, through your clinical team.
A blackout period is a time in the beginning of treatment where a client has limited access to those outside of Hotel California by the Sea. Although it sounds daunting, blackout periods are a critical time in our clients’ stays. During the blackout period, clients are able to build a full and healthy foundation for their sobriety, be given the space to focus on their recovery, and allow them the opportunity and time to establish their overall treatment goals.
HCBTS, Cincinnati accepts most insurances. If you need more information on insurance, please call us to speak with one of our experts in our admissions department. You may also verify your insurance coverage online.
No, Hotel California by the Sea does not accept state insurance. However, we do have many payment and financing options. We can work out a financial arrangement that will work for you and for your situation.
Yes. Hotel California by the Sea in Cincinnati offers several anti-craving medications, including Vivitrol® (Naltrexone) and Campral® (Acamprosate). Our medical team works with you shortly after intake on anti-craving medication and nicotine cessation.
Yes, clients may smoke or vape. We do have designated areas, outside of programming hours, for smoking and vaping.
As long as medication is labeled properly and in original containers, clients are allowed to bring their medications. However, expired medication and loose pills are not allowed.
At Hotel California by the Sea in Cincinnati, Ohio, we understand that family is an integral part of your recovery. Family visits take place at our clinical building and are scheduled individually with a client’s clinical team.
Unfortunately, no. We do not allow pets in our treatment facility.
Yes, HCBTS, Cinncinati welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning individuals to our treatment center. We are a facility that provides safety, care, and acceptance to all who enter our doors. Addiction does not discriminate and neither do we.
Hotel California by the Sea offers both a family program and family and marriage therapy for every client. Family and marriage therapy focuses on the individual client and their family or other loved ones, while our signature family program is an educational resource for family members that takes place once a month at our facility. Just contact your loved one’s case manager for details and to sign up.
Children who are sixteen years and older are allowed to participate in our once-a-month family educational program at Hotel California by the Sea. We encourage all loved ones to attend our family educational program. Our unique programs offer support for the entire family. Addiction is a disease of the entire family unit, and family members must prioritize their healing, too.